1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bathrooms and Agender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jediknight36, May 5, 2015.

1. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, how do you all do bathrooms as Agenders? Do you just do what you want or do you tend to go into the ones you pass for? I dunno if Id ever be welcome in a female restroom but I have always been curious.

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not agender, but I'm nonbinary, so I figure this is along the same lines. I go into the women's restroom in public because that's what other people see me as. If I passed as male, I'd use that (though I'm sure there would be some days I'd rather use female so I would). If it's a restroom I know is usually empty (some of the academic buildings at my school tend to always be empty) I'll use whichever suits me best that day.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a fan of public bathrooms but overactive bladder says I must go. I don't pass as male so I go to the female one. Hopefully one day there will be gender neutral bathrooms everywhere. I also tend to use the family restrooms if there is one.

4. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

I'm not agender but being trans and pre everything sometimes puts me in that in between space. I usually go to the second or third floors of buildings because there are less people up there going in and out of restrooms. I also try to find gender neutral/ family or single stall restrooms. If nothing else choose a restroom, hold your head high, and get out as fast as you can. But please wash your hands.

5. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    And here I thought I was weird for choosing the family restrooms. LOL

6. Whovian6789

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just go where ever I guess. I really don't know

7. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nah, even cis gender people use them. Nice knowing you'd be the only one in there

8. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    OH! I feel silly now! Ive always felt bad for using those. But yeah, I just like the privacy.

9. bi2me

Don't feel badly using them, but please try to go quickly if there are kids waiting or likely to be waiting. Nothing's worse for potty training than your two year old having an accident while waiting in line to go.

10. C P

C P

This.

I hate using public restrooms, so I try to avoid them unless I'm at some random convenient store in the middle of nowhere where you know nobody else is using it, heh...

As for regularly though, if I do use one, I tend to use the male one since that is what I pass as mostly. I do like those occasional, general ones that have no specific gender though(since they tend to be more private and...singular?)..wish more places had those.

11. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    And thats the other reason I felt weird using them. I dont want to make people like that wait

12. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I have no issue using the bathroom of my birth assigned sex.
    That said I'd prefer gendered bathrooms (not lockerrooms/showers) be done away with, since most use private stalls anyway.

13. randomconnorcon

I love the restrooms at my uni. There's no gender neutral ones, just male, female and disabled toilets. But in the main building where I have most of my classes, they're all single restrooms and they're kind of hidden away. And I don't pass, mostly because I can't bind, but I can use any one because there's no one sharing the restroom and people are hardly ever around. I don't really know if I use the single restrooms with female or male on the door more because I don't look at the signs on the door, I just go to the closest one to me.

For public restrooms, I use the female one, as I said above I don't pass. But I prefer to use my own in my flat.

14. Linthras

Linthras Guest

If anything, I struggle with using urinals, not gendered bathrooms.