1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety and not being able to bind

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GayJay, May 6, 2015.

1. GayJay

So I'm pretty sure anyone struggling with their gender or who has gender issue has anxiety to a degree. If you don't then I salute you!

Anyway, does anyone have anxiety to a more severe level that it stops them binding. Because I just panic with everything.. I would sound like the biggest wimp if I listed my fears and I'm at a point where I force myself to do things. (I hoped just forcing myself would eventually make me rationalise and relieve the anxiety but four years on it has got no easier.)

So public transport is my biggest thing. I have to commute every day, and I spend the ride controlling my breathing, keeping my thoughts positive and trying not to be sick. I know it's vulgar but I do frequently get off the train go be sick then get the next train.
    To help with the feeling of nausea, as soon as I sit down, I make sure I take off my jacket ect.. and make sure all of my clothing is loose so 'my breathing isn't trapped'
    If I don't do this guaranteed within the first stop which is only 3 minutes long I'm running off the train to a toilet.
    And as you all know, binders certainly cling and are not the most comfortable thing ever.
    I got it, tried it on..wore it around the house for 15 or so minutes and thought I was going to die hahahha

It's stupid I know and I guess I just wanted to rant about it, and ask if anyone can relate to this feeling and if anyone knows of a alternative to binding, that is still effective to a degree and doesn't feel so tight.
    It's a long shot because of course they can't work without compression but I just want other options.

I know I've gone on a little, so I'm sorry but all replies will be appreciated guys! :slight_smile:

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It takes a while to get used to binding. I've had mine for about three years now it seems, and it's pretty comfortable. It's not restrictive, but it binds me nicely. That might be the case for you, time or your binder might be too small on you. If your anxiety is too strong, try wearing sports bras or layers to conceal your chest. If the weather isn't too bad, light hoodies can help out too.