1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japan Trip

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mischief, May 7, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

So, I'm heading off to Japan with a few others through school on June 30th. Thing is, we're having gendered hotel rooms, and I feel super uncomfortable in both options. The male one purely because I guy going makes me feel very weird and is touchy-feely with me. I've had this conversation with the teacher going. I can't have my own hotel room either, so I'm just getting even more frustrated. I'm really considering not going because of this. What should I do? I don't think I am capable of dealing with being in the female hotel rooms.

2. Jellal

You can just choose to not room with that one guy, right?

3. wasgij

[​IMG]

And don't let pesky inconveniences stop you from having a good time.

4. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Wish it was that easy. My teacher has said I'm not allowed with the guys... Some of the girls going don't know me and may feel uneasy if I were to be in their space. .-.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seriously, do NOT let your dysphoria discourage you from going... You are super lucky to be able to travel to a different country through your school. I am so jealous. You'd regret it if you did.

Is it possible to get your own room? Maybe pitch in and pay a little extra so that your school can afford to have one? If you're out to everyone, you should be able to request a different room seeing as you're not a girl.

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly as Tai said. Did they give a reason you can't have your own room? If it's financial, then it should be able to be overcome by offering up the difference. How many are in a room? When I went to NYC when I was in HS, the rooms were gendered, 4 students to a room. It was known in advance who was going to be rooming with whom, so if there were any issues, they could be addressed in advance.

Either way, don't let this keep you from going on a class trip.