1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips to being more feminine?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by xerunian, May 9, 2015.

1. xerunian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello! So this is my first time on this website, and I need a bit of advice to how I can be more feminine. I don't have that much of a "manly" body anyway, and I feel more comfortable acting in terms of a woman. Not to the point in which I want to crossdress or anything beyond that, just a way to help me feel more open with myself ^^. I'm not doing it to attract anyone, just something I feel happy doing. I have pretty long hair and a skinny body, I just want to know what I can do to express myself with my identity. Any suggestion is a great suggestion! Thanks! :3

2. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi :grin:
    I'm a huge girly-girl, I think I could help!

So here are some of ideas that could possibly display your femininity.
    1) I wear make-up usually. I know you said that you didn't want to cross dress and make-up could be seen as that. But it could emphasize more feminine features. For example, mascara makes your eyelashes look longer and I know that longer, fuller eyelashes are seen as more feminine. A neutral eyeshadow and mascara really focuses on the feminine aspects of the eye.
    2) You could wear gender-neutral clothing. It can go either way obviously and you can style it with accessories like jewelry or other clothing pieces like scarfs or boots to make it more masculine or more feminine, whichever way you want it.
    3) Paint your nails. Again, it could be seen as cross dressing depending on how you do it. If you go for a more shiny, clear color or a nude color, it can really look good and gender-neutral. A lot of people, no matter their sex or gender, paint their nails black. So you can do that as well.
    4) It sounds stupid, but don't be afraid to use the higher part of your voice. I was watching a video from a singer instructor on YouTube and she said how it's easier for women to sing higher notes because they use higher parts of their speaking voice more, like when they say "Oooooh!" or "Oh my god!" and when they laugh. You can try this if you want, it is something I have noticed.
    5) You can try a tinted lip balm or lip gloss. Usually, the pinker/redder and shinier it is, the more feminine it is.
    6) You can try wearing earrings, there are gender-neutral ones and more feminine ones.
    7) The way you can try to walk...I read something about how girls carry/balance their weight differently than guys. Guys walk more relaxed, I feel like. Girls have better posture...I don't know how to describe it. I'm not saying walk like how girls walk because girls will walk differently because they have different bodies. But you can try to walk in a way that's more feminine, if that makes sense.

So I hope that helps :lol: stay awesome, you sound so nice! Have a great day!!

3. xerunian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg, thanks so much! I'll definitely use these! Have a good day as well ^^

4. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Act like a drag queen. Their always fabulous:slight_smile:

5. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jewellery and perfume!

6. Lazuri

7. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm afab, so I can help you! For mannerisms I would say crossing your legs or sitting with your legs closed, sitting up straight. Otherwise, gender neutral clothing, make up if you want.

8. GenderConfused

You could walk in a more feminine manner by crossing each step over the other as you step in front of you.. also, loisen your hips when you step and allow them to kind of sway... if you dont understand what I mean, google "how to walk in heels" and theyll denonstrate the kind of walk I mean... Most girls walk like that.. hope this helped! :slight_smile: