1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone Therapy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by parkerc, May 9, 2015.

1. parkerc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey has anyone on here ever done testosterone therapy? how do you go about getting the hormones and such? like i know you have to go to a therapist but is there a specific type of can you just go to any therapist? any info on this would help so so so so so so much haha
    thanks
    parker

2. Outlier

If you can find a gender therapist, that would be ideal, but if not any will do. However, you'll want to try to go to someone who has experience seeing transgender clients.

This website might be helpful Therapists

3. confusedperson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    from what i understand in my research and from a few people on various sites you need to speak with a gender identity therapist. I am hoping to have an appointment later this week. Psychology Today site has a way to look up therapists in certain fields of study. all the best...

--Brendan

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is also online gender therapists that you can seek out

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Parker!

Any therapist could work, but it's best to aim for a therapist who has worked with LGBTQ clients; specifically a gender therapist. Websites like Psychology Today, as Brendan said, can help you narrow down your search options to something as specific as those who have experience or specialize in working with trans people. Some therapists can work with you via Skype as well, if that's something that would be more up your alley.

If you don't have insurance (or have cruddy "medical assistance" like I do), most can work with you based on a sliding scale to make sessions affordable for you. One person I saw charged me $40 per, and another did about $25.