1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any tips?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by confusedperson2, May 10, 2015.

1. confusedperson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so just looking for any pointers on how to get in shape for a trans*male before stating HRT...? thanks!

--Brendan :thumbsup:

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this would largely depend on what kind of body build you are going for.
    I am just doing the basic cardio, sit-up (crunches cause my ass is out of shape), push-ups, and some stuff some other people suggested to work out my core muscles. I don't want a huge bulky build so that is why I stick to the basics

3. confusedperson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    good point thanks! also anyone have a good chest binder recommendation??

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used underworks, haven't actually gotten it yet but its on the way. Got this one. And people highly recommended it.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another exercise that will work your core are planks. They can be tough, but they're awesome. I'm not very savvy with terminology, but dumbbell or pec flies are also great for strengthening your chest along with push ups.

Pull-ups/chin-ups can also help your try to attain that "V taper" look that a lot of well built guys have. There are videos on Youtube demonstrating how to help you start doing them, as well as assisted pull-ups if you aren't strong enough to pull yourself up just yet. Cardio is amazing, anything that gets your heart revved up into it's target range.

Target Heart Rate Calculator | Maximum Heart Rate Calculator | ACTIVE

Biking, running, jogging, swimming, rowing, jumping rope, dancing and so on are just some of the many things that you can do--just keep your heart rate in it's target zone and you'll burn more calories. If it helps, incorporate your interests into a routine or work out with a friend. I love music, so Dance Dance Revolution was my bread and butter for years--being a contributing factor with how I went from 163 to 110(ish) a few years ago.

If you need channel recommendations, Buff Dudes and Scooby1961 are two great channels on nutrition and workout tips and routines. They're body building channels, but they help out quite a bit. I've been watching Scooby since I was in high school and just found Buff Dudes recently, and have been pleased with them since.