1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People think I'm a guy...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sappho06, May 12, 2015.

1. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lately, people have been calling me "Sir" a lot. When I go to a shop, bar, resto, people think I'm a man. I sometimes hear people debating whether I'm a man or a woman. It doesn't bother me at all, but if (it doesn't happen very often) they realise I'm not a guy, they act all awkward and apologise. That annoys me. Anyway, I don't mind it too much, but my parents would be pretty annoyed if they found out. I have a deep voice, so even if I talk to people, they can't tell what my gender is. I don't dress like the typical girl, but I had no idea I looked like a guy.

Is there a term for people who don't really care what gender people think they are? As in, I feel a bit genderless, and gender really doesn't matter to me. Most of my friends are guys, and I change in front of them. I'd somehow feel more comfortable in the boys' changing room too. I don't know... It's actually quite funny :slight_smile: If my friends aren't around, I dress even more masculine and then everybody calls me sir.

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a lot of cis people don't feel their gender strongly and don't really mind what gender people think they are, because misgendering doesn't really matter when you're cis.

If that doesn't feel right, you could possibly be agender, seeing as you describe feeling genderless.

3. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know... It's a bit weird, I feel that I am a woman because I have a vagina (yup, fascinating), but at the same time, I'm very masculine. And when I imagine myself in a relationship, I see myself as a guy. Now, I would hate having a penis and would not get my boobs removed, so I'm not transexual (correct me if I'm wrong with the terms). At the same time, I wish I had testosterone, just so I can bulk up faster (I love being muscly). On the rare occasions when I wear a dress and makeup, I actually like it. As in, "Oh I'm a pretty girl", but then I feel like I'm crossdressing. And friend of mine put nailpolish onto me, and when I saw it, I freaked. I was almost panicking. Would demigirl be the right way to label myself?

I don't plan on coming out about gender, but I'm interested in knowing what would suit me best. Maybe I'm just a tumboy...

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel like part of you is a female and part if you isn't, then the label demigirl could apply. Does that sound right?