1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender identity crisis

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CallumWallum, May 14, 2015.

1. CallumWallum

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For about 3 years now i have been really confused about my gender. I am a male and most of the time i want to be a female, i almost constantly think what it would be like to be girl and i day dream about being a girl and this is about 90% of the time and then in the other 10% i like being a male and want to become for masculine and then i start to want to be a female and hate being a male and it confuses me because i don't know what i am. I strongly believe that i should be female but at the same time am unsure and want to be a male. How can i find out if i am 100% female i know i want to be female but i also don't want to be.

Sorry if it is a little confusing or doesn't make much sense but it's the best way for me to describe how i'm feeling.

2. MetalRice

You could potentially be bigender; which in very short terms roughly means that you are both genders to an extent.

I don't know through, but you are definitely trans of some sort.

3. CallumWallum

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't want to be both gender i know i want to be female but im not 100%

4. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well it sounds to me like your androgyne, both make and female at the same time, your feminine side is just way stronger.. know the feeling altough i want to have a female body 100% of the time.

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can you talk a bit about why you feel 10% male. A common mistake that we often make is to confuse acquired gender specific behavior with being male. For example, I have quite a few hobbies that are male becaused I lived most of my life as one. I love basketball, star wars and multiple series that involve fighting and violence. However, I'm still trans and none of these are innate qualities. Nothing innate is stopping girls from liking stereotypical male activities.

6. CallumWallum

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Lost in thought i think that might be part of why i am unsure, it's when i do the more male activities i start to feel unsure about being female. I have thought about it non-stop and i also think that im scared of not being excepted and if i will be able to look like a female

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be female and just have doubts because it's early on. You may be feeling male because that's what you're used to and what is expected of you. Or you may just be more masculine on some days and mistaking that for feeling male. I think the only way you can really figure it out is to be patient and see how you feel. As you become more confident in your trans-ness, some of your doubts will go away, and you can see if the feeling of being male sometimes or if it goes away as well.

The difference between being 90% female and 100% female only matters if you want it to. I'm only about 75% male overall, but I essentially identify as a trans guy because it's easier and it's how I'd like to be seen by people who I don't feel like explaining the details of my identity to. If you end up deciding you're only 90% female but still want to be treated as 100% female, that other 10% doesn't have to really matter. Of course, if you want to acknowledge that 10% in your identity, you're welcome to (there are so many labels that could describe that, including bigender, demigirl, or genderfluid).