1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Confusion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by unresixted, May 14, 2015.

1. unresixted

unresixted Guest

Hi, I'm Quinn and am a female bodied person who has been struggling with gender identity for a while. I know it seems too early, but I'm in seventh grade and already confused with this. I'm just gonna explain my story because I hope that that will give you some insight.

When I was little, I was always a tomboy and dressed like a boy. I looked like a boy with long hair. I always hung out with the guys and never actually got my first friend that was a girl until fourth grade. I always wanted to go around shirtless because that's just what the guys did. But y'know, I couldn't do that. I always hated dresses and would refuse to wear them. I would always wear basketball shorts and baggy T-shirts.

It's more of the body that confuses me, because my childhood clearly suggests transgender. I've always wanted a flat chest and still hate having boobs. I'm -ish "down there" and am neutral on it. I've started calling myself Quinton and like it better than my given name. But since I'm not having too much bottom dysphoria I get frustrated.

I know that I place somewhere on the spectrum because I'm certainly not cis, but I struggle with placing myself on the spectrum. Part of me is still female, but that also could be because I was raised female. Has anyone ever experienced this? Could I just be trying to avoid the fact that I am trans by questioning myself?

2. MetalRice

Well, you could be bigender, which basically means that you are sort of both genders at the same time, I've been struggling with my gender identity too recently; so I can sympathize

3. lonely penguin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been struggling with this too, and all I have to say is; don't rush to put a label on what you are. I tried to do that and it only made me more stressed out and panicked. Just do what feels most comfortable to you and live your life the best you can. You don't have to say that you're a "boy" or a "girl", and don't try to justify being one or the other in your head.

I also don't have any/much bottom dysphoria, but I think that could be more common with female trans than male trans. Sometimes I wish I had male parts, but I don't think about that often, and to be honest, I forget whats down there most of the time. SO, you can see why it doesn't bug me personally.

Don't forget that you can be both genders, or none. I'm probably bi or pan gender, and it's a different experience for everyone. It can be hard to put our feelings into words when we don't have a manual telling us to do, but just relax and try no defining yourself for a while.

(sorry it's long :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I help people to help myself)

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be in too much of a hurry to figure it out. If you preffer being with the boys, that's perfectly fine. Honestly, I don't tend to have much dysphoria below the belt either. I wish I were curvier, though. Just give it time, you'll figure this out. Just do what feels right.