1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Moemoe, May 15, 2015.

1. Moemoe

I keep having a really hard time with my body. I'm a tradesman, and I hate looking at my body. I can barely look in the mirror because it makes me sad, and I keep ending up staring at my guy friends' bodies because I wish I could just have that body. Any ideas for dealing with this...?

2. nick97

Out Status:
    A few people
    When my dysphoria gets really bad, the only thing I can do is try to keep my mind busy with something else. If I can, I put on my chest binder. If you don't own one already, I recommend it :slight_smile:

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Story of my life, man. My dysphoria has been really bad lately, so I know how you feel. Do you have any good means of distracting yourself, such as through music or movies? If it helps, try wearing layers if you don't have a binder to help conceal your chest and hips. That might help out if you haven't tried that yet. I find that packing helps relive some of my dysphoria as well. Not an awful lot, but just enough.

4. Moemoe

Luckily for me, my friends got me a binder a bit ago. They're sweet like that.
    And I have the computer. My parents took away my phone because they thought my friends were 'negatively influencing me' and 'using me to create the good home life that they don't have' :/ And is there such a thing as a hip binder? Because I'm rather curvy.
    Also, I hope your dysphoria gets better soon. I bet you're incredibly handsome, so don't worry :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 16th May 2015 at 02:00 PM ----------

Luckily for me, my friends got me a binder a bit ago. They're sweet like that.
    And I have the computer. My parents took away my phone because they thought my friends were 'negatively influencing me' and 'using me to create the good home life that they don't have' :/ And is there such a thing as a hip binder? Because I'm rather curvy.
    Also, I hope your dysphoria gets better soon. I bet you're incredibly handsome, so don't worry

---------- Post added 16th May 2015 at 02:02 PM ----------

Alright, thank you! I have a few little fidget things (A giant paperclip and some binder rings I play with when my anxiety acts up), and my friends were kind enough to get me a binder. It's always nice to have a group of people who genuinely support you

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as hip binders go, I don't think so. There are compressors you could probably get away with that should hide them a bit, but I don't know. Sometimes your binder can help depending on the materials it's made out of.

But I hope everything improves for you too, man. (hair ruffles)

6. Moemoe

Alright, I'll look into that :slight_smile:
    Haha, yay! Hair ruffles! :grin:

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone