1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating/Friends early transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kaya-Sente, May 16, 2015.

1. Kaya-Sente

Hello, I'm me and am very early transition (As in not even sure how that concept even applies to me). I also have no friends or social circle irl, and am interested in fixing that. However I am also super terrified of meeting new people and having to explain my gender which i have no idea how to explain. I need someone who I could be myself with in person. The obvious obstacles being, I don't know how to explain who I am, and am petrified by the idea of not being accepted. Is there an easier way to find trans friendly friends rather than having to ask random people on the street "hey wanna be my friend? I hope you are cool with the fact that my gender changes on a whim!"

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How about joining an LGBT or trans support group? In general one of the advantages of being LGBT is that it's fairly easy to expand your social circle by going to LGBT centers and finding people that are going through similar experiences as yourself.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I go to (as in I've done it once as of yet) an LGBT-cafe :slight_smile: Lots of lez, gay, pan and all sorts of people there.
    Maybe there's something like that in Colorado?
    Hope you'll find some people worthy of you <3

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That sentence made me smile...
    Yes, they have mentioned good ways already, but the point is that on the friendhip level such changes shouldn't kill a relationship between people. Being friends is all about the human beneath, and being loved for who you really are.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself, just go step by step. If you are after quantity, you might have to lower your requirements. If you want quality, being patient and stubborn is all you need.

There was killer topic somewhere, about relationships, hopefully some kind elephant will have the link handy, or you can try the search yourself...

#4 Michael, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  5. Kaya-Sente

I've been searching, and I can't seem to find any such groups in the area for that sort of thing. (I'm also searching for the thread you mentioned but not finding much). Thank you for your responses, but don't suppose there are other options?

I dont need a lot of friends, I just want a good one.