1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Names

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by UntitledT, May 16, 2015.

1. UntitledT

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm having a huge amount of trouble picking a name. How did you come to yours, and what would you tell someone who's having trouble picking one? What inspired you to pick the name?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

As soon as I started thinking I should choose a new name, this was just the first one that jumped out at me, I immediately knew I liked it. But if you're having trouble coming up with one, you could always look at baby name websites to get an idea.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I asked my mom: "Had I been dfab...?" "Rebecca". So I'll be signing the papers and posting them tomorrow!

4. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My brother is expecting a baby and a few moths ago I was trying to guess the name that my brother would call her. That's when the name Yael came to me, what I loved about it is that it also works perfectly with my sir name. I suggested it to my mother and she loved it and we later on conveyed it to my brother. However, deep down I was thinking to myself that I want to keep the name for my own children! :slight_smile:

Here I am two months later and it's my name!

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was playing a game online, and I needed a name (I didn't want to use my given name), so I chose one by making a super fast and super impulsive decision. It stuck, and it's still my name. Jesse is the name of the guy from Bridge to Terabithia and it's a name I've liked since I read that book in fourth grade.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, I just started looking at some of the names that were more common in my birth year. I ended up stuck between Josh and Brad. I ended up going with Bradley because I found out that is what I would have been named if I was born male.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm on the fence with my name. Originally, I picked Alexander as a nod to an old friend who has been an influence in me wanting to be a filmmaker. Now, I'm testing out Andros to see if it feels right. I might not keep it and go back to Alexander (or just AJ for short), but we'll see.