1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this be considered gender dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spacesword, May 17, 2015.

1. Spacesword

Okay, so i've been questioning my gender for a while now and I was told on another site that I couldn't be FTM if I didn't have gender dysphoria. I'm not sure exactly what qualifies as dysohoria but here's a bit of information about me that I think may fit that....

First off, I hate my chest....when I first started growing breasts I would do my best to try to hide it and now if I do wear a bra it has to be a sports bra because if I wear a regular one I feel paranoid, uncomfortable...something around there because I can't really describe the feeling.

Secondly I hate dressing Femininely, ever since I was a little kid I hated dresses or having long hair. Both which my mom forced me to wear (or wanted me to, unless I was playing outside) until I turned ten(thirteen for the hair though I didn't get it cut how I wanted it to be until I was around fifteen or sixteen.) one of my closest friends even told me when I told her that I was questioning my gender that I mentioned wanting a haircut like this boy in our third grade class, though I don't recall that though I do remember drawing myself with very short hair at that age.

Lastly in my family you are usually called by a pronoun or nickname besides your real name when you are being addressed and I absolutely hate it when someone calls me 'girl' it makes me both uncomfortable and mad. Like it just doesn't fit. It's always got that reaction from me since I was around thirteen or so and just seems to get worse the older I get.

Sorry for the long post...I'm just not very good describing things.

2. Im Hazel

First, you don't need dysphoria to be trans(*). It's just the best indicator. The first thing is dysphoria, 100%. It doesn't sound like the most severe dysphoria in the world, but it's definitely dysphoria, and you should do something about that. The last thing is also dysphoria - social dysphoria. Does being read as female make you depressed? If so, that is definitely dysphoria, and pretty bad social dysphoria at that.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

That does sound like dysphoria to me, mostly the first and the last part.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first and the last things you described are definitely dysphoria (physical and social dysphoria, respectively). The second one isn't exactly dysphoria, but it's certainly common in trans people.