1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it time?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CyberStar, May 17, 2015.

1. CyberStar

Currently I'm going through a lot with my family. It's a long, horrible story which I will post in the general support forum soon; but the long and short of it is, things are going to change around my place. So, I most likely will move out as soon as I find a place (which needs to be before my parents move to Colorado). Also, next year I've dropped out of JROTC and will no longer be bound by their dress code. And at the same time, I'm finding it a bit easier to be feminine (I suspect there are a bunch of people who think I'm gay).
    In also getting a roommate most likely. Probably someone older than me. I don't yet know who.
    My question is, with all this, is it time to start making a social transition? Or should I keep waiting still? This stage if my life has more opportunity, but higher ledges to fall from...

2. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

If you feel that it is absolutely necessary and you are safe, then I would go ahead with social transition. If you don't feel comfortable yet, then I would think it over a little longer. It's really hard for me to give good, unbiased advice on this because I would love to start transitioning myself, but at the same time I understand the "consequences" of starting transition.

There are always going to be exceptions. Everyone is different. It just depends on if you feel like there are accepting people around you to help in your transition and, most importantly, that you're safe in doing so. Does it feel like if you don't transition it will lead to nothing but uncomfortable feelings? If so, then you should probably start making baby steps into social transitioning.