1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents and pronouns

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mischief, May 17, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Right, so after writing this essay long letter that I rewrote about 7 times over a period of a month, I finally gave this letter to my parents. It was regarding using the right pronouns on me.

My bedroom is across the hallway from my parents so I could vaguely hear them, and from what I gathered they were arguing. Welp, that thought was fleeting.

I'm probably never going to be able to stomach bringing it up to them again, but I cannot survive this kinda torture and I just want it to stop. Great :slight_smile:))

2. Sevan

Congrats on telling them about your pronouns, first of all! That's a big step. Second, I'm sorry it seems that they might not have taken it well. I can't imagine trying to bring up pronouns with my parents, not when they'll have trouble coping with my gender.

Now that they know, let's hope it'll be easier for you to correct their usage. Good luck!

3. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Thanks. I feel pretty bummed out that they haven't really acknowledged it much, but I can't really blame them. I hope there's a day where you are able to use your preferred pronouns, friend. :slight_smile: