1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by love dont judge, May 17, 2015.

1. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For our eighth grade class trip this year, we're going up to a water/theme park a couple hours drive from here. I want to get a girl's shirt but I don't know if I should. If anyone asks, I have a cover story that I'm buying it for my cousin in Ohio, but I'm still scared about it. Then, there's the problem of hiding the shirt from my parents. What do you guys think? Should I buy a shirt or not?

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you think you would be able to hide it from your parents, then I think you should go for it. Your cover story sounds like something no one would doubt, and I bet it would be awesome for you to own a girl's shirt :slight_smile:

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    You go girl! A shirt can def be a first step to showing your gorgeous to the world! <3

4. AlexTheGrey

And I'll add that you probably don't even need to say it for people to accept it. The thing is, if I saw someone 5 years ago picking out a woman's shirt on a trip, I would think they are most likely buying it for a friend or family member. It wouldn't occur to me that they were buying it for themselves. The easiest answer here is really to just do it, and don't bother explaining it to anyone unless they press it. The irony here is that people are less likely to question it if you simply don't bring attention to it yourself.

We tend to be harshest on ourselves about trying to hide this stuff. But we know the subtext, and that people would judge us if they found out. But the thing is, this sort of thing is common enough (buying a shirt for someone else), that people won't usually pick up on it.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure nobody would ask, since I assume people aren't nosy about things like that these days. But hey, go for it :slight_smile:

6. Acm

Acm Guest

Sounds like a good idea to me.

7. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the replies. With a little help from my best friend, ive decided to do it. However, ive made some changes to the original plan. We're stopping at the mall on the way back, and ive decided that im gonna get a couple outfits there due to more variety and cheaper prices. Thank you for all the replies again.

8. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, i got two shirts! One is a feminine androgynous shirt, which i could easily wear to school under a sweatshirt during the winter, and the other is a lavender female shirt that has some flowers over the right side. Im so excited right now!

9. Ghosts

Good for you!