1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Par, May 18, 2015.

1. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I'm going to my school prom next month, and I'm kind of worried. As I'm DMAB my parents expect me to wear a suit, as will my friends. But I don't know if I'll be a boy or a girl on the day. Recently I've been feeling less comfortable with wearing male clothing when I am a girl so I'm slightly panicking about what I can do if I wake up on the day of the prom as a girl.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How about wearing a suit which is gender neutral? That way you can adapt your look to the gender that you wake up as. :slight_smile:

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    You could, you know, try to 'steer' your feelings a bit? Sorry if that's offensive or anything... But that's what my prom date did. They are DFAB and genderfluid and have already decided to wear a suit in advance.

Alternatively, as Yael said, you could go for something more neutral.
    Or, do you have the possibility of getting both and just picking what you feel like on the day? Or well, I guess that's kind of not an attractive prosect, buying double gears right? Expensive...

My father and many of my relatives will expect me to wear a suit as well. The hell I will... Probably a skirt and some flowy top...
    I guess you just have to girl up, if you're in girl mode that day, and say 'nope, this is who I am and I'm wearing these clothes today'. That's what I'm tryingto do, steel myself.

Good luck!