1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat vs. Binding?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sevan, May 19, 2015.

1. Sevan

Hey everyone!

I began to bind in January, and have been dreading the summer for one particular reason: heat. Now, the heat isn't bad enough to stop me from binding (yet). But the other day, I was out in some scorching weather at the fair, and could find no way to keep myself cool, and it caused all kinds of problems with my binder and my mood. :tantrum:

So, I was just wondering if anyone else who's had a problem with the weather and binding had any advice for keeping cool? Especially since the hot weather is merely incipient at this stage.

Thanks in advance! (!)

2. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is getting a new binder an option? There are binders that are designed to stay cooler for warm weather. Also, half length > full for obvious reasons.

I kinda feel like if the weather is hot enough, I'm going to be hot regardless of wearing a binder. But for some people that's not a viable way of thinking.

Otherwise, maybe this? :grin:
    [​IMG]

Sorry, that's the best I've got!

3. David21201

Ok, I don't use an actual binder. BUT I live in California and can give some advice I learned while pruning trees.

1. Water. Stay hydrated because the sweat will cool you off a tad.

2. Swimmings always a good way to cool down...idk how to swim with a binder though

3. Cold. Room.

4. Fans....like the handheld ones above. I know the dollar store carries them.

Sorry if this didnt help!