1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria Management Victories!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nekoko, May 19, 2015.

1. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been thinking a lot lately about my dysphoria, not so much wallowing in it as the little things I do every day to kick it's ass! Guy mode is pretty much a wholly depressing thing to endure, not to mention confusing, but at the moment, it's a necessity for my daily life. So how do you go about being happy with yourself anyway? For me, it's little things I do, small acts of femininity that act as a sort of nod to my true self, little things that male me smile and have the courage to go on. So I paint my nails, wear cute socks or underwear or even just a shirt that compliments my figure in a way that I find feminine. (I have three shirts that really flatter my curves and honestly make me feel kinda sexy when I wear them >///> to be honest...) each of these little things don't appear especially feminine to onlookers but to me they are huge! Especially for my self esteem... So in this thread I propose similarly to small victories, a thread where you post something you did recently that helped you show Dysphoria who's boss! And maybe this thread can help someone who is struggling to get ideas to help them make it through the day... :slight_smile: so please! Share some thoughts! Some stories! Anything about your fight and the grounds you've gained in your battles!

:kiss: to you all~! Stay strong!

~Elissa Estella S~

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just make believe as if I'm a spy or something in disguise this alone helps a bit.

3. BluhImCourtney

Since Christmas, I've been buffing my nails. ._. Shiiiiiiinnnyyyyyy...

Anyways. I also started shaving my legs a couple months ago, and I'm growing out my hair, and I sit with my legs together. I know anyone can "manspread", but still, I don't like how it feels. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I might be getting some new shoes later this week (my current ones are about an inch and a half from my toes; you can thank my dad for that. >_>), and later tonight, my mom is finally going to teach me how to out on makeup.

And that's it. ._. I think.

Does all that even count? ._.

4. Ghosts

The other day I was so fed up with my long girly hair cut so I cut a lot of it off, right after I did it I couldn't get the smile of my face

5. Acm

Acm Guest

I like shaving the peach fuzz off my face because then I can feel it growing back stubbly and it makes me feel a bit better.

6. Jellal

When it's just me by myself I can relax in a long dress and panties. It's comfort incarnate, and it puts my mind at ease. Years ago it would have been something I was ashamed of, making me feel paranoid and twisted, but the fact that these clothes are my own means I'm not doing anything wrong. Sure, some of the excitement's gone, but the peace of mind it provides is a welcome replacement.

7. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i paint my nails with a clear paint most of the time, do my hair, and wear girls underwear all the time now, further some girly ear-piercings and a little make-up which isn't to obvious.
    On some days i just wear more make-up now and really girly clothes (no dresses yet) and i bought some awesome purple nail paint yesterday which is on my nails now :slight_smile:

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I don't have time to worry about dysphoria, because I'm saving the world, one thread at a time.

But seriously, I set goals for myself, work on them and, if able, complete them. This gives me a sense of accomplishment and comfort, and makes it easier to believe, one day, I'll reach my goal of transitioning.

Sometimes these goals are as simple as one extra push up, or one extra sentence, or even a kind word to somebody. Definitely try encouraging someone if you haven't, especially when you feel down, because it can really make you feel better. I can feel like total shit, but when somebody says "You make me feel better!", or they laugh because of something I've said, it elevates my mood tremendously.

9. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've grown my hair out. All the underwear I own are panties. Sometimes I wear a sports bra under my male clothes. Occasionally even paint my toenails (fingernails would be too obvious for me right now) I've even started wearing more colorful ponytail holders.

10. SebaUnicorn

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am gradually changing my wardrobe.

I got men's socks recently, they look like women's but I feel so good wearing clothes with "men" on it, even though they are with Minions from "Despicable Me".
    I love "Despicable Me".... : >

I wear men's underwear. I tell myself that it's specificially designed for male body so I can't be a girl if I wear it and look so awesome.

I work out and it makes me lose fat and gain muscle but it also makes the veins on my hands more visible, which is really cool.

I am going to get some place on my face pierced, so it's more "mine".

11. Raatox

Most of my friends know I'm trans so I do not realy have to hide, but I do not want to transition (i think right now at least) so I try to cherish my female body, but not forgetting about male soul.

I mix male and female clothes a lot. I try to bee open minded to my self each morning and feel what feels ok on that particular day. Sometimes I have to bind and wear all mens clothes, some days it's quite ok with leggings and skirt.
    Use male scents time to time.
    I move in a more "male manner"
    I try to talk in a deeper voice.
    When someone uses female pronouns or birthname or so, I try to think like "Yeah, I'm a guy with boobs and hips, they see that and just assumes im a girl, it does not make me any less male inside."

and pro tip : I do not really like my waist/hip area, but now I have painted a smiley around the bellybutton with ink and that makes me much more happy when I look in the mirror :grin:

12. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good job everyone with coping with your situation! I'm getting some ideas from this thread....