1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluids unite!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by confusedforever, May 20, 2015.

1. confusedforever

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Uh, I said genderfluids because I'm suspecting I am one, but if you think you can help me out it doesn't really matter what you are(!)(!)

Lately, after saying "oh no I'm definitely cis" for a while, I've been questioning my gender. Deciding what my sexuality is was quite easy for me so I thought this would be as well. Well, I was wrong... I just don't know anything. I'm assigned female at birth, and really, I don't have any problem with my lady parts. But sometimes I just really, really wish I had a penis. But even on those days I don't "hate" my lady parts, I just think I wouldn't mind if my body suddenly changed. Recently I watched Ruby Rose's video about genderfluidity and really liked it, it kinda made me wanna purchase a strap on and experiment haha. The question is: how do I know? How do I know if it's just a lil thought and it doesn't play a role in my gender? Because the other day I talked to a friend and she said(she's cis) she wished she had a penis sometimes because it'd be fun. Idk if mine is something like that. I mean as a child I sometimes wished I was a boy but that was because I had long hair and hated combing it and all the boys had short hair and I just thought how much easier that was lol. HOW THE HELL DID YOU UNDERSTAND? What does it even feel like? I'm so confused that it's really ridiculous.

2. 6amb

I feel the same. I like my girl body and I identify as female but I sometimes wish I were a boy and it would be so cool waking up as one hahaha. I also sometimes feel like a boy but still identify as female. I know nothing.

3. ForeverLost

At first I thought I was gender fluid but I don't usually have those female/girl or whatever days. It was all usually male things.

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of feel the same way, though i do kind of think I'm genderfluid, I'm always more on the edge of FTM. I feel like I'm more of the masculine-to-neutral side, if you look at gender as a spectrum.

5. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am genderfluid (assigned female at birth), but I identify as female the vast majority of the time, so I don't really talk about it much and haven't really felt the need to come out. You say you sometimes wish you had a penis, but do you think you could explain why? Is it just because it would be fun to experiment with (which is something a lot of cis girls think about), or do you actually feel like and want to be seen as a guy at those times?
    Even when I am certain I'm a girl I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a penis, but on the occasional days where I feel more neutral or masculine, I can become pretty upset by my feminine features because when I look in the mirror I see a girl and I genuinely don't feel that that's what I am. Sometimes the thought is really distressing, others it just feels kind of weird lol.
    ( I hope that helped? :slight_smile: )

6. confusedforever

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @6amb I'm glad I found you then!! ahh my feelings exactly. we just don't know anything. so frustrating.

@foreverlost I'm glad you figured it out!

@dianox I think we should definitely look at gender as a spectrum. I'm glad you found what you feel like!

@Ravienclaw I'm not sure if I'll be able to put it into words exactly but I'll give it a shot. Well, when I wish I had a penis it's more like a "if my body changed all of a sudden I wouldn't mind" kind of a way, like I don't know if I'd want to be seen as a guy at those times with my present body, but when I think 'what if I was born a male' then I'm like 'hey......nice....' but with my afab body I just don't know?? Maybe it's just that it's a new idea for me and I'm just not used to it. Can it be because of that? I don't know. I just really really wish I was born a guy nowadays haha. It did help btw, it helped me get the right questions in my head, thank you!

7. confusedforever

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Update: I just saw some pictures of Tom Hardy(of you're wondering: 1, 2) and instead of my 'usual' reaction, which is to think about how hot he is, I just thought 'I wanna look like this why can't I look like this fml' I think the more I think about it, the better I understand my feelings. Being perceived as a guy would definitely be marvellous right now.