1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender confusion....again

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by David21201, May 20, 2015.

1. David21201

Alright, so I was pretty sure I was bigender...now i dunno.

I've been "guy mood-y" for the past two weeks and today is the first day I felt like y'know a girl. I got to school and began to feel very unconfident and dysphoric wearing a bra. Luckily, I brought my sports bra.

I've never had this problem before... Typically my gender switches after a few days, bit this is the longest I've felt like I'm a guy.

What I also find odd is that sometimes when I'm naked and am a guy (biological female) I dont feel dysphoric until I put a shirt on. Also, any more in my dreams when I'm naked I have a dick....

I'm I not bigender, but instead FTM? I just would like some help and guidance right now.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

You could still be bigender, or maybe you're FTM with fluctuating dysphoria? Some people have dysphoria that varies in intensity from really bad to nothing at times, so it could be that. Or maybe you're still bigender, I don't really know as much about that one though so I can't really help there.

3. Sevan

If you still fluctuate between male and female, could it be possible you're a demiguy or demiflux? In the sense that some part of you is male and the rest of you is another gender? In your case, female.

Like, you know. 66% of you is male and 33% is female and you fluctuate between them. Might be worth researching?

4. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I'm not sure I can help with the body dysphoria bit, because I rarely if ever experience body dysphoria. I have felt girly in the morning & gone to school in a dress only to feel wildly uncomfortable in it after a few hours, though. My gender works much the same way, but I can't say I've felt much like a girl in months. I can't remember the last time I felt womanly, even though I still called myself one about half the time. Sometimes the "moods" just last a little longer, but that doesn't mean your identity has changed. For you, maybe it has, especially since you picture yourself with a penis in your dreams. But your dreams are just you putting together what you've experienced, sorting it out & everything. So picturing yourself with a penis could be brought on by a lot of different things. Next time it happens, try to run through what you were thinking about or what happened that day. Your identity may have changed, or you might just be going through an extended "guy mood".

5. David21201

Do you think I should find a gender therapist or something?

Once school is out I'll have less people to go to and very few emotional support help options.

6. Sevan

Seeing a gender therapist might be a good idea. They can help you flesh out what you're feeling about yourself. Especially if you're concerned that you won't have the support you otherwise need, it's better to be prepared for the worst, right? Besides, having support and help to figure out what you're going through is definitely important.

In the meantime, however, if you ever need someone to talk to, you can drop a line on my wall.

7. switchflip

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

ello, After reading your post I thought of this because it seems relevant to you, and it certainly does for me.

Cheers!
    Radiolab Presents: Invisibilia - Radiolab

8. David21201

Gah! Fucking hell! I think im cisgendered and am justndoung this for attention like they said....

9. Jellal

See a therapist. Seriously. It made me feel worlds better.

10. David21201

its hard to see a therapist when you live in a tiny ass town

11. Acm

Acm Guest

Don't let your friends tell you what you are, it doesn't sound like they're very supportive. Only you can say what you are.