1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it normal?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nikil, May 21, 2015.

1. Nikil

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey guys, I'm ftm . I am having my dysphoria with so many years .All i need is change but i always have to wait till i move out of home. I am having so hard time ,feeling so alone. I don't know anybody from lgbt community . I suffer from depression and insomnia and nothing can help me at all. My transition seems so far away and i don't have even friends- support from nowhere. Is it normal to feel that bad? Does anyone felt the same? I don't know who to talk to ,there's nobody to turn to .

2. 6amb

I think it's normal since you don't have anyone to talk to. Try to make some friends online, people who understand you and can help you through your depression.

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have nobody, yeah, it's perfectly normal to feel depressed. I don't know where in Canada you are, but if you are in or near a major city, it should be relatively easy to find a support group. In that environment you will meet supportive people, and may make New friends in the LGBT (especially trans) community.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm in basically the exact same situation as you, it sucks. :frowning2:

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, it's completely normal. Many of us feel isolated and alone around our friends and family.

I feel that it is important to point out that there is no reason to put off transitioning until you move out from home. While, you won't be able to start hormones and might feel uncomfortable dressing in men's clothes, nothing is stopping you from developing other skills that will help you pass better. Every small step that you take feels amazing. My suggestion is to focus on learning how body building works and start there. While you might be limited with your ability to build up body mass at the moment, learning everything there is to know about how to develop your body will help you later on once you do start hormones.

Think about who you want to be once you transition and start developing the skills needed to fulfill your vision. If you want to be a high powered business man, read everything there is to know about leadership etc. Appreciate every step you make and imagine that you have come one step closer to your mark! :slight_smile:

Let me end this post by saying that you really aren't alone, we are all struggling, trying to find the strength to move forward day after day. That's the nature of this journey.

I hope you feel better soon,

(*hug*)

Yael

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Completely normal. It's hard to feel positive when you don't have people to support you. If going to a support group is an option at all (you can tell your parents you're going as an ally), I absolutely recommend it. People on EC will be very willing to help you, so you can start building a supportive community here. And when you feel like you don't have anyone to talk to, you can always come talk to me (*hug*)

7. Nikil

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you guys for the great posts! Actually i am not from Canada . In my country there's no support groups or in schools. Yeah i have actually muscels i train about 5 years. But stoped to visit the fitness because my dysphoria.But my parents aren't supportive about my transiotion (they Don't even know but i know they wont understand ) and the only thing i am seeing in my future is me as who am i , but i want so bad the changes it's like this waiting is killing me. I really want to work in game development industry :slight_smile: ) Does anyone want to give his skype name or anything to chat with me ? Of course i'll give my too.

#7 Nikil, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015