1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking T (FtM)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ForeverLost, May 22, 2015.

1. ForeverLost

Hi, I was wondering what it's like taking testosterone. Like, is it pills? What effects do you notice? And anything else.
    I'm a female right now but I will be transitioning into a guy hopefully soon.

Thank you.:icon_bigg

2. Sarcastic Luck

I would honestly suggest doing a heavy amount of research, if you plan on transitioning. A number of sites will explain the delivery options.

Are you aware that you need to be seeing a therapist before you can start hormones?

As far as changes go, the timeline will vary, but for me, personally:

Increased appetite, increased sex drive, clitorial enlargement, increased muscle mass, oilier skin, beginning of more hair, shorter tempered.

That's with me being on T for roughly a month and a half.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would also suggest doing a lot of research. It is a long process to get T, but if it is something that you want to do than it is worth it.

I have been on T for a little over a year now. I've started to have to shave my facial hair now. I have increased muscle mass, and I have more of a sex drive. I have become a lot more confident since I have started taking T as well.

T is not given in pill form. I take weekly shots. There are some people that use patches, and there are others that use a gel. Pills are dangerous because they could mess up your liver.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been on T for a bit over three months and here are some of the changes I've noticed: Increased body and facial hair, appetite, hunger, libido, changes in muscle tone and my jawline has been squaring out. One change that has come and gone has been excessive thirst, but nothing dramatic.

T comes in different forms. The most common are injections and dermal methods like patches, creams, and gel. Other delivery methods are in the form of pellets that are placed under the skin, and two uncommon methods are oral delivery methods like pills and tablets that are placed under the tongue or between the gums. Oral delivery methods are less common and aren't around much anymore because it's really bad for your liver, due to it having to be processed through there.

Websites like Hudson's Guide have detailed information on what T is and how you go about the process to get on it. I suggest you start there to get more informed.