1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spacesword, May 23, 2015.

1. Spacesword

Okay I know ace bandages are bad since they damage a lot of things (and I'm pretty sure the cheap binder I bought isn't all that much better). So until I can save up the money for a decent binder I have decided to try to make one.

Does anyone know any links to how to videos that would lead me to make something that could possibly not hurt me like an ace bandage and would .

2. CCcharges

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    really the only thing I can think of to recommend that won't hurt you is a compression sports bra. You should really not bind with ace bandages or anything else homemade that isn't specifically made for binding, because it can damage your chest and lungs. lesloveboat is an online store with affordable, decent binders. I have one from there, and I like it a lot.

Good luck and I hope you can save up soon!

Also, I feel like I remember finding a website for people without much money, donating or trading old used or unwanted binders? I would try doing a search for something like that!

3. Spacesword

Okay thanks!

4. Sam I Am

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're in a pinch, compression shirts and sports bras can help. Some websites do have exchange programs or binder giveaways to those in serious need. Point5CC is one of those places. I think they're going to be backed up for a few weeks, but they've teamed up with GC2B and the binders are free, though you just need to pay the small shipping fee.