1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still agender if I'm okay with my body?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rik, May 23, 2015.

1. Rik

Rik

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I'm bisexual and afab and I never felt like a girl or a woman. I've never been comfortable with a woman's name, clothes, pronouns, or with being perceived as a woman. Until someone "reminds" me I look female, I tend to forget and feel like my genderless inner self. When they do, it feels like a slap in the face. It causes me a lot of insecurity, depression, social anxiety and simply makes me feel like a fraud.
    For a while I thought I was a transman, but I don't feel like a man, either. I just assumed that was the only alternative. I'm most comfortable with gender-neutral pronouns.

In spite of all of this, I'm okay with my body. I'm generally disturbed by the idea of having any kind of surgery. I just want a healthy body, and beyond that, I don't really care. A penis, a vagina, doesn't matter to me. I have breasts, largish ones even, but they don't bother me. I've heard that some transwomen consider their penises female: it's like that. My boobs aren't female, they're neutral. It feels wrong to dress them up to fit a feminine mold (a lacy push up bra or something) but just having them doesn't bug me.

I guess I just want to know whether I'm crossing a line by calling myself/considering myself agender, in light of all this. I have only started doing so and feel really good, as if I'm finally embracing who I really am, but I don't want to appropriate a label I don't have the right to.

2. Ghosts

Being agender is that you feel agender you don't have to have to dislike your body to be a different gender then the one you were born. Some people do dislike the fact they have boobs or a penis but it doesn't make you any less you if you don't.

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest