1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HRT questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kazukokat, May 26, 2015.

1. kazukokat

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I started on the HRT regime last thursday and am taking Spirinolactone, Estrodiol, Finasteride and Vitamin D3. I have noticed slight soreness nothing crazy in my chest, I have had a few emotional spikes nothing too far out there and my arms and legs are definitely sore. What should I expect in the coming weeks of usage?

2. Just Jess

Hi kazukokat,

I can answer in a sec but could you edit out the names of your medications? This site has a policy against that.

---------- Post added 26th May 2015 at 10:58 AM ----------

So I would ask my doctor about some of that. I got a lot weaker, but my arms weren't really sore. My breasts sometimes are and as crazy as this sounds I have expressed milk before. This stuff is very interesting to go through isn't it? Generally I am getting curvier and I am in a brighter mood most of the time. My emotions are a lot closer to the surface . I know they say a lot of us lose body hair but I still have to shave and wax. My voice is sonething a lot of people think my hormones are changing even though it's really me working on it all the time without thinking about it. Oddly I have continued to lose weight, I read a lot of us gain it.

But yeah, I mean, anything really weird even if you heard all us random trans women say it's normal, don't mess around. Mostly we just trade one set of health risks for another but sone of our medicines do have side effects you should have an eye kept on that can be serious