1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly want to be tomboyish at 15?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by juno14, May 26, 2015.

1. juno14

First off I just wanted to say sorry I'm posting loads of my own threads and not replying to anyone else's, I'm not just really selfish haha I just feel y'all know a LOT more about this stuff than me so can't really give advice haha.
    Anyway :icon_bigg Since I was a little kid, I was probably slightly more tomboyish than other girls, but not very much and I was totally happy wearing skirts and stuff. Now I'm 15 and uncomfortable in skirts, I want to dress like a boy and wouldn't mind at all being mistaken for one. Does this make any sense? Because normally teenagers who are boyish have been since they were kids.
    Also, how do I explain to my parents why I want to start buying boy's clothes and stuff, they're not against it or anything but I think they think it's a little weird I suddenly want to dress like a guy? But I really don't want to wear my more girly t-shirts, and don't have that many clothes I feel like wearing at the moment.
    Is this normal and does anyone else have something like this? Thx you :icon_bigg

2. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey xxx I think that's completely fine and normal. People change who they are as they get older. Soz as You :wink: probably know, I'm kkinda bad at advice, but anyway. If you want more traditionally masculine clothes, I think ur parents will be cool with it, but if you think they might not, then maybe don't mention it and just buy the clothes? Go to.town with some friends Maybe :wink: and decide what stuff you wwant. Maybe if you phase it in slowly your parents will think it's less weird. ththey probably won't think it's weird anyway xxxxx

3. juno14

Thank you so much! You're not bad at advice, that really helped:icon_bigg Thanks (*hug*) xx

4. nicodiangelo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Buy some mens plaid shirts and wear them over a v neck and slowly wear them as shirts

5. juno14

Thanks, I will :icon_bigg

6. Loui89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't overthink you clothes. Just wear what feels comfortable and what you like. Every 15 year old struggles to find their style regardless of sexuality. Just try a bunch of different stuff and find out what you like. I've always been kind of tomboyish but it wasn't really till I was in my mid-20s I started feeling comfortable in my style. Especially because my mom and sis are really into fashion and kept pushing me to try clothes that I really didn't like, but at the same time didn't hate. But just stick with what you like and don't worry if it changes over time. Personal style has nothing to do with sexuality. One of my best friends who is strait wears almost exclusively men's/boy's clothes. And I know plenty of lesbians who wear super girly clothes. So just wear what feels right for you :slight_smile:

7. juno14

Thank you, this really helps a lot! :icon_bigg