1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender, but not transitioning

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by thesonoferik, May 27, 2015.

1. thesonoferik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is transgender, but not transitioning possible?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any one who is openly transgender, didn't transition, and is happy.

I'm struggling with the idea of transitioning. I'm worried about the ramifications it would have in my life, and I'm worried that I might not be happy with the results at the end of it. I'd like to find another path to self love and acceptance.

#1 thesonoferik, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. Miko

Miko Guest

I have a friend who's trans female but isn't transitioning because she feels it's too late for her.

She went through a period of hating cisgender girls but has calmed down a lot, is now fine with cis girls and is waiting for a really effective transitioning procedure to come along that can get rid of some of her more masculine features without it costing an arm and a leg. But until that happens she doesn't see the point in transitioning.

She's very happy to just be around girls and be in a world where girls exist from what I've gathered, but is very much hoping to eventually transition and is annoyed at herself for not transitioning before she finished (or even started) male puberty.

Other than her all of my transgender friends have transitioned or are transitioning. Take that how you will. I can't really advise you one way or another I'm afraid. :frowning2:

3. thesonoferik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does your present in a feminine way, i.e. make up, clothes, etc. or does she simply say I am a woman?

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Currently I identity as ftm but am not working on transitioning just yet. I'm kind of afraid that I will go through it all and then not like the results, afraid I might of been wrong all a long.

So currently I am working on just being me. Wearing masculine or gender neutral clothing, growing out arm and leg hair. Eventually I will ask family and friends to use male pronouns and my male name. If I am still not happy after that then I will come back to the thought of transitioning. I'm giving myself till I'm 25 before thinking bout transitioning.

5. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    I watched a buzzfeed yellow video about someone in a similar situation, a transgender man, who still used his original name, lauren, and is perfectly happy with his identitY without havinng transitioned.
    I think his girlfriend and her frend had a podcas? I think the video Was called "I'm a guy"
    Im sorry if this is really unhelpful but maybe it would help to watch videos about it?

6. Miko

Miko Guest

She uses female pronouns online and presents as female online. But any time she uses her voice, shows her face or is going around outside in real life she uses male pronouns. She doesn't wear makeup or female clothes though, but she does play as female characters in games.

7. thesonoferik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks I'm going to try and contact him.