1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alb12, May 27, 2015.

1. Alb12

Hi, I'm 17 and I've always identified myself as female but for a while now, like the past few months I've been questioning this as there's times where I'm wishing I was born as a male. I wondered if I was transgendered but it's not that I'm not comfortable in my body because I like being a female but again there are times when I would prefer to have a males body. So I don't really know if I'm genderfluid or transgendered cause I like being a female and doing the whole stereotypical female favourites like my hair and make but I also like the idea of being male. Overall I'm just really confused about it all

2. You could definitely be a nonbinary gender. If you feel like you're both male and female all the time you could be bigender. Demigirl is when you identify partially as a girl but also can partially identify as another gender. (Sorry if that's a little confusing. I'm not an expert in nonbinary genders and demigender is a little harder to describe.)

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It definitely sounds like genderfluid or bigender is a possibility.

Do you experience social dysphoria? What pronouns would you like used?

It's late, and I can't think of the other questions I would normally ask, but if there's any other info about how you're feeling that you can give, I can help you further.

4. Alb12

I don't really experience any social dysphoria and regarding pronouns right now I'm happy with female pronouns but i wouldn't mind if people were to use males ones either.

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If sometimes you feel like you should be female and sometimes you feel like you should be male, you could definitely be genderfluid, regardless of pronoun preference. Does that label sound right to you?

6. Alb12

I've thought I could be genderfluid but I don't know if I am or if I'm just trying to make myself think I'm not so I don't have to tell people around me. Even though I think they will support me I don't think I'd actually have the guts to talk about it to family and friends in person despite wanting to because it'd provably help me figure it out better. Sorry for all the rambling too

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you build up the courage to talk to some friends or family, that's awesome, but don't feel any pressure to do so. Give yourself a bit of room to figure out your identity without there being any pressure to tell anyone or even to be right about your label. There's no rush. Try thinking of yourself as genderfluid and see if that feels right. See if that continues to describe how you feel. If not, try something else. People on EC will be more than willing to help you figure out your identity, and you can come to us for advice without having to worry about telling anyone else until it feels like the right time.