1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Egoflux

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by indigodreams, May 28, 2015.

1. indigodreams

Over the last few months I have been questioning my gender. Recently I've come across this term egogender, which is used to describe "a gender that is solely based on yourself, and no words seem to define it other than 'me gender'", and I was wondering if anyone besides me resonates with it. I also really like the term genderflux, which for those who don't know describes a gender that changes in intensity.

I was thinking of combining the two terms into the word "egoflux" to describe my gender identity, but I'm afraid of being too much of a "Special Snowflake". I guess I just need some affirmation that my identity is valid, but every time I try to tell myself this there's a little voice that pops up in my head and tells me I'm making things too complicated, which fills me with a lot of distress and confusion.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wouldn't that be the same thing as agender, as agender can be described as feeling more like a person than a gender

3. indigodreams

My only problem with just calling myself agender is that I do get a fluctuating sense of gender. Some days I do feel agender, but there are other days that I feel like I have a gender, but it's not make or female but instead based entirely on myself.

4. Im Hazel

You could just say genderfluid, and explain that you are fluid between "indescribable" and "normal" genders.

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can absolutely use that label to describe yourself, but know that no one will know what it means. It can be a helpful identifier for you to know how you feel, but not necessarily to describe to others how you feel. For example, I personally identify as genderfluid between male, androgyne, and agender. I am mostly male or demiboy (though I don't like the term), and that's what I see as the focus of my identity. To myself, I don't identify using any one word. I use that entire description so I fully understand what I'm feeling. But that is way too complicated to explain to other people. If I made a word that fully explained my identity, no one would know what it meant. To other people, I just say transmasculine, because that sums up what I see as the most important part of my identity. I have explained it more thoroughly to my very close friends, but most people simply don't need to know the nuances of my identity. They just need to know how to refer to me. The word egoflux for you may describe exactly what you're feeling, which is great, but it's just as impractical for telling other people how you identify as my two full sentence description of my gender is. I would recommend using egoflux to describe yourself so you have a good sense of your own personal identity, but explaining to others simply that your gender is simply outside of the male/female spectrum, or something similar.