1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would the Neutral Gender look like??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, May 29, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've thought about this before...
    Back when I was questioning my gender identity, I was just considering that what if there was a "neutral gender." Someone that didn't have male parts, or female parts. They didn't need sex or anything like that, they were just androgynous. What would that look like?

I remember thinking "if only" that kind of person would be accepted in society. But no, oh no. You must be this or that, says society. I know that there are people like this, more or less, existing in today's world. Agender, two-spirit, nutriosis, the list goes on.

But I guess my question to you is this. What would you say the "ideal" neutral gendered person would look like? I don't mean this to be derogatory or cruel to every agender person out there who doesn't match this, this is just food for thought.

Because I mean, with males you have this picturesque "perfect man" like with Michaelangelo's David statue. Or some alpha male lion image.

With females, it's all lush and curvy and beautiful, like an elf maiden.

Again, I don't want to perpetuate stereotypes. Just thinking aloud here.

-Rhys-

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I came up with this when searching the internet.
    [​IMG]

And that kind is sums it up for me. But I'm also not sure if me being a gender is just a fear to admit that I am almost male, or me thinking I don't deserve to be seen as male since I do not feel male all the time yet I want more than anything to not be female.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

[​IMG] Found this drawing on the internet, maybe something like this? I'm not agender so I don't know if this is accurate. Interesting though. (source)

4. Sevan

I would like to point out a terminology confusion here. You're asking about someone without male or female parts, whereas a "neutral gender" seems to align more with androgynes.

Agender is without either gender, and so to that I propose this theory. We can't comprehend what agender would look like as an actual entity in the same way we can't comprehend colors we can't see. It's the same, I think, of asking what the third gender looks like. Agender people can't actually achieve a physical presentation of lacking both genders, so they often (not always) settle for presenting as both, taking on the appearance of an androgyne. For example, I am agender. I desire no male defined or female defined parts. I don't want to be a mix of them, I don't envy parts of either gender, I don't want any parts similar to them, period. But in my head, I can only imagine removing the parts, not the physical ideal of agender. My presentation, as such, is androgynous.
    No matter what, facial features are either one, the other, or in-between. Not both. A sharp jawline is masculine, a soft one is feminine, and then there's an in-between. Anything else, right now, we can't comprehend. It's a color we can't see, but we know it exists, if that makes any sense to anyone but me.

This, at least, is my experience with being agender. Others might feel differently.