1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure of What I Am

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kaotyc, May 29, 2015.

1. kaotyc

I'm in my mid-20s and I am unsure of what I am. I'm a born female, but for a long time, I've thought about being a male. BUT sometimes I like being a female. I would never get a sex change. But sometimes I think about how much I'd like to be a male. I switch between dressing from male to female and I've always wanted a penis. But again, I would never get a sex change.

I'm not sure if I am bigender or genderfluid, but it is just so confusing...

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be genderfluid.

3. kaotyc

It's just so complicated. But genderfluid? I thought so but I also thought it could be bigender. But at least one of my assumptions was (possibly) right.

But it's just so confusing because it's not a thing that people I know are open to. I grew up Christian. My mother is basically supportive of my preferences (I've dated a female and transpeople as well as men), but she does not approve of it and thinks it's a "mental disorder". And I'm so in the closet regarding my gender that I camp out in Narnia.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bigender is generally used to mean one of two things: both male and female (or any two genders) at the same time or changing between male and female (or any two genders). The second definition (which seems to be the one you're using, right?) is basically a subset of genderfluid. Genderfluid is changing genders; bigender, in this case, is changing between two genders. You really can't go too wrong. If you change between genders, genderfluid describes you, but if you think bigender is more accurate/specific/whatever, then go for it.

5. kaotyc

Yeah, it's the second. I'll switch between male and female "personas" so to speak. I'll feel like a female or I'll feel like a male. No in between.

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then either label could work. Bigender would likely be more specific, but genderfluid can also describe what you're feeling.

7. kaotyc

That was actually the most simple definition I've heard to explain the minor differences between them. Every place I've heard has super long-winded definitions that are kind of confusing.

But thank you :slight_smile: