1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure on how to approach coming out fully.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JustCallMePoop, May 31, 2015.

1. JustCallMePoop

Out Status:
    A few people
    A few weeks ago I tried to come out as trans to my rather Christian mother. She asked me if I wanted 'dangly bits' said something about how my aunt was the same way but found the right man blah blah blah. I'm only 15 so I would need parental consent to start anything. However I am going to a counsellor sometime in the next couple of weeks to months :/ and I was going to bring it up then, but where I live is rather small (under 10K people) so not a lot is available. sorry if this is really unclear, basically I'm looking for advice to come out more to family

2. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi friend! Coming out is always hard, but congrats on the progress you've made! Your mom will come around, it just might take some time. Spend what time you can surrounding yourself with positivity and things wont seem as hard. If you're close to your aunt maybe talk to her, she might be able to throw in a little support? Overall, it's hard to give advice without knowing your family. Slow and steady wins the race though, don't feel pressured to come out all at once. When it feels right, take advantage of it, but don't do it if you're not ready. Good luck<3