1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I want to be a Woman

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Petticoats, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Petticoats

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is something I have been struggling with for a while. I have always tried during my 19 years of existence to be a manly man. Play sports, hang out with the bros, and do guy things. But I have always had this side of me wishing i was in dresses doing my hair and makeup with the girls and going on dates with a guy. I stay up at night on girly sites because for a brief moment i feel like a girl then I go right back to being a man. I think I want to finally make that change to becoming a woman but do not know how to start/who to tell I am scared to tell my parents and think maybe it would be good to tell a girl friend. What is the best way to start my road to womanhood and truly be happy

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Get an appointment with a gender therapist, right away.
    They'll help you and answer your q's.
    There's a lot to do if you intend to live your life as a woman, like
    -Choosing a name
    -Coming out
    -(Voice training)
    -(Learn more about e.g. makeup and buy new clothes)
    -(Transition physically with hormones, hair removal, surgery etc)

First, hang around here and read some threads.
    Take time to sort out your feelings.
    Make an appointment with a gender therapist.

If you have more q's, fire away!
    Good luck!

Hugs,
    Rebecca

3. Petticoats

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow thank you so much!
    Do you know what exactly happens when you go to a gender therapist?

4. BluhImCourtney

*cough cough* guys can wear makeup, girls don't have to wear dresses *cough cough*

Okay, now that my feminist side has been sated-- oh. And one more thing; websites don't have gender. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Okay, NOW... basically what Rebecca said. Also, if you said, "sometimes I feel like a female, then back to male," then you might be bigender. Unless you're female side ends up being strong and you find that you only identify as female or something. I'm tired, someone else explain gender fluidity. ._.

I do have to add, though, I do like some dresses myself. I'm just sayin'. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh, just one more thing, you can still identify as a female and like other girls. M'kay, bye.

#4 BluhImCourtney, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  5. heandsheisme

Definitely see a gender therapist as soon as you can. Transition is something that you cannot really undo, and you might not want to or be able to go that far.

If you feel like you are switching between two genders, then you are probably either bigender or genderfluid. The difference, at least to me, is that bigender has only those two states, and it is a sudden shift. (That happens to me) Genderfluid on the other hand fluctuates almost like waves, rising and falling.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! That is what this site is here for.

6. stolentardis

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think everything else I could say has been covered but I just wanted to say one thing.
    If you want to be a woman, you are a woman. The same goes for any gender that you identify with. It does not matter what body parts you have and if you want to change them or not. Although medical transition can be really amazing for some people, and it is great to have something like that to look forward to, that is not the only part of being trans. Just know that you are whoever you say you are. You talk about wanting to become a woman and start the road to womanhood, but know that you are already a woman, regardless of how society perceives you.

7. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I don't really have a lot of time to type right now but I'll try and get all this out. First off I want to say that your situation sounds similar to how mine was when I started questioning. For about four years I would use the question of what I would wish for if I got three wishes. On that list was always "I wish I was born female" though not once during those years did I feel like I actually was a woman in a man's body, our anything like that. Even now, I don't feel like that all the time. I see all these people recommending bigender as a label and I disagree. From what you say, to me it sounds like you are the same as me. Some of the time you feel like you have a misgendered body and some of the time you don't care. However, never do you feel you have the "right" body. I don't want to put words in your mouth but that is what I got out of it. Lastly, I would recommend not using a label right away, explore your gender a bit first before/if you pick one. I need to go now but when I get home I can give some advice on what I would actually do to start exploring yourself