1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

genderfluid-genderflux questions!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lovecraft, Jun 1, 2015.

1. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello every one :slight_smile: I'm looking for a bit of advice and perhaps some resources!
    I have felt for a long time that my gender identity is on a sliding scale. I can go from feeling feminine to feeling more non-binary/genderless (Which I believe is genderflux). I also have days where I swing towards a less feminine and more masculine identity, but not completely masculine ever. I'm curious about where I would fall into?

Also, I'm curious if there are any good resources or support forums specifically dealing with gender identity?

Thank you so much all!! (&&&)

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound genderfluid to me. You don't have to cover the entire male-female spectrum to be genderfluid. Any gender that changes can be considered genderfluid. There are more specific labels that can be used (bigender if it changes between two genders, genderflux if it changes between one gender and agender, etc.) but I don't think you fit under any of those.

I can't think of any resources I've used at the moment, so hopefully someone else can be more helpful than I can.

3. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you very much for your response !
    I'm leaning towards GenderFlux I think. I do sometimes prefer to look more androgynous or feminine so I think it fits.

4. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Genderflux sounds about appropriate! Genderfluid usually tends to flow between multiple set genders, as opposed to gender <--> lack of gender <--> other gender. Of course people are allowed to interpret it how they want, but if you're really feeling genderflux as a term, go for it! I think it's apt for what you've described.

5. First of all, in my opinion you can use whatever 'label' you think fits you. As long as you feel comfortable, it's right. Though I know it can be difficult when you feel like non of the labels you know suits you best. I personally didn't know about genderflux until now, and I've been identifying as either genderqueer, non-binary or genderfluid, but genderflux sounds like me at the moment, so thank you for that anywy :wink:

I'm sorry, but I don't know any resources either. I do use EC a lot but I understand that's not what you mean. I do watch some YouTube videos about gender and they help me. I also lately read an article which is probably a good read for when your feeling kind of down. I posted it on EC as well, so here's the link:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/179498-sing-if-youre-glad-trans-essay-s-bear-bergman.html

I hope this has helped you in some way. If I ever find anything you might like, I'll let you know :wink:

Take care! (*hug*)

6. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you very much! I definitely appreciate it and I'm glad I could help you find a good term! I'm thinking of starting a blog about my own experience with genderflux so I'll definitely let you know about that and if I find any more resources!
    I know the 7cupsoftea forum has a section on gender identity as well, however it's a "online therapy resource" and I am an actual therapist so I feel rather uncomfortable using it. I think it's more for volunteer people with less background. :dry: