1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Am I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by squidly626, Jun 1, 2015.

1. squidly626

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since birth, I've always known I'm different. Always. And I heard about the term 'Transgender' when I was 12. I'm older now.

I was assigned the female gender at birth, but again, I've always known I'm different. I have definitely known that for a long time.

I always have fit in with the guys, and have liked to say that I'm one of the guys. But this is different. I started dressing more masculine and told my parents that I think I'm transgender, but they refuse to let me bind or pack. Or really wear anything really masculine.

I feel like a guy. But I also feel like there's no real set gender rules there. I don't exactly really think there should be a limit to gender.

Am I wrong in thinking that I'm transgender?

2. randomconnorcon

I wouldn't say you were wrong. If that's how you feel, then that's what you can say. And there's a difference between gender identity and gender expression. Boys can like typical girly things and vice versa (just an example). Gender rules have been forced down everyone's throat as right, but there aren't any really. If how you feel inside is male nothing else about what society says really matters.

If transgender isn't an identity you're comfortable with, but neither is cisgender/female, you could use genderqueer or nonbinary.

I hope this made some kind of sense...