1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by UntitledT, Jun 3, 2015.

1. UntitledT

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm a trans guy. I've come out to more and more people lately (since January). I've known kinda for awhile and stuff but I'm basically here about dreams. I know that a "sign that you're trans" is that you present yourself as the gender you feel like in your sleep. But in my past dreams, I've dreamt was both girl and boy, the thing is that it wasn't me, but equivalent to characters that I was portraying. Ever since I've come out to more and more people, going to therapy, and basically accepting it, I've had dreams where things would actually happen to myself, and not some character that I was portraying like in the past. (like last night, I dreamt I grew a beard, and I've dreamt that my hair was shorter than it already was, and I've also dreamt that my voice was getting deeper). I'm kinda confused about it, like I really wanna know if anyone knows what I'm talking about. When I'm in the dream, I don't really feel happy or sad, kinda like it's something new/something normal, and I'm okay with it.

I really hope I'm not the only one, and I really wanna know what this means. If anyone has even the slightest clue, or even like a theory, I'd really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I've been questioning I've had dreams where I am a transitioning trans guy demanding why people won't see me as male.

But then I've had dreams where in was a cyborg, Paul walker, and a cyborg Paul walker.

People will tell you that dreams don't mean much. If you are thinking or worrying about something to much they tend to manifest in your dreams

3. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My own dreams can go pretty much any direction, but mostly I'm not conscious of gender during the dream. I did have one recently where I, in my male body, met my female self. I'd say it's good to pay attention to dreams, but they can't be given clear-cut, absolute meanings.