1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftm changes on testosterone?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by smokey-knows-all, Jun 3, 2015.

1. smokey-knows-all

i'm 16 years old and a few days away from my second shot and i've got a few questions that everybody has been confusing me about (mostly the therapist)

-chest: it gets a little smaller right?
    -legs: men don't have curves, so logically my thighs would not be as fat in a few months, but my therapist said my legs are gona get bigger, even in the calves (because thats totally gona convince me i don't need to lose weight)
    -she also said i don't have enough fat for there to be significant changes in how its distributed, which has been freaking me out (i know i do because why the fuck else would she feel the need to make a big deal out of "wow howd you get the needle in your thigh, there's not enough thigh there!" I KNOW THERE FUCKING IS FUCK YOU)
    she can't be right right? my bmis 19.3 because i just gained almost 20 lbs and working on losing it again
    -voice: i know it starts a different time for everybody, but once your voice starts cracking how long until it sounds like it belongs to a teen boy?
    -when does your period stop by?
    -metabolism, i.e. when can i set my gender as male on fitness things

:help:
    (im well aware i have problems, ill fix them later i just need answers)

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I don't know about all of this but as for the thigh getting larger, that actually makes sense. Men's muscle tend tonne larger, so while you will lose fat in the thigh you will gain muscle. This is also why men tend to weight more than women.

3. AlexTheGrey

I can only somewhat speak to these going through a male puberty, but...

The thighs are still big in some men, due to the muscle mass. It is the fat distributed to the hips and upper thighs that make the differences look like they do. The upside here is that the T does help build that muscle mass if you are doing exercises. This is because T is a form of steroid.

A BMI of 19-20 is fine (I wish I was in that range again). There will be some fat redistribution, but I do think the doctor is correct that it will not be as dramatic as some people see. The biggest impact will probably be the hips. But doing muscle building in your case might help you feel more masculine, and make best use of the T if that's what you want.

The voice will definitely take time. I think it took a year-ish for mine to settle down.

4. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your chest will get pretty much unnoticeably smaller, depending on your genetics and how the other people in your family are built. Your legs won't necessarily get thicker, but they will sort of change, and become more tough and muscled, especially if you work out a lot. It's a good change. Take a loot at cis guy's legs, their calves are huge! Also fat distribution is really one of those things than can take forever. I've been on T for 6 months and I've not had any fat redistribution or any leg stuff, but again that depends on the person. Metabolism, again, depends on your genetic history but usually around the 7-month mark it really gets going. Cool one though, most people's periods stop after the first or second month.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of this depends on your genetics and how your body reacts to T. I didn't notice any fat redistribution until just after the 6 month mark on T. With your BMI being so low, there is chance that this may not be noticeable though. My chest shrank some with the fat redistribution.

You will gain more muscle as you are on T longer. Since muscle weighs more than fat, you will gain some weight. This is something that I would say you should discuss with your therapist.

It took about 3 months for my period to stop. This again though, is something that depends on how your body adapts to having T.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Brad said on genetics. That's how the cookie crumbles, and everyone will be different. I've been on T for four months, and my cycle stopped right away and I could tell there was a difference in my calves about two months in because of potential muscle gain.

7. thesonoferik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry. A lot of what makes women feminine is a lack of testosterone, more so than what estrogen does. You're only on shot two. The time it takes to transition is difficult, but try to find patience, and I'm sure you will be happy with your results.

8. DoriaN

:'(

9. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Hi! I have a question for you. (Sorry, I can't contribue anything anyone else hasnt already)
    How easy was it for you to get permission to go on T before 18?