1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demigirl? Tomboy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Thebazixel, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Thebazixel

Hi!

So, I've been a girl all my life. AFAB, she/her etc., and I'm perfectly comfortable with that. On the other hand, though, femininity isn't me. Makeup, dresses, low-cut shirts, heels etc. all look... wrong, for lack of better word. Feel that way too. I have dreams of being a guy, and would be perfectly fine if I woke up one day as a guy; would switch pronouns and everything. No fuss. I feel like demigirl fits, but is this really just being a tomboy?

Please don't just say 'take your time, you'll work it out'; I get that. I'm just asking fir some help in maybe making that process slightly shorter?

Thanks; I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

2. Thebazixel

I found a better word than wrong! It feels like someone's taken an image and photoshopped it; looking at pictures of myself when I had long hair is the same. It looks like someone's taken my face and put it somewhere where it doesn't belong. It's only really 'acceptable' to me in hoody/tracksuit stuff, flannels and jeans, and those gender-neutral t-shirts that you buy at conventions and stuff.

All this makes me feel like I'm just suffering from special snowflake syndromoe, but.... It's just not.... right.... Please help? Thanks

3. Acm

Acm Guest

If it's just about gender expression (clothes, etc) then you're probably just a tomboy. If it's more than that then it could be gender identity related.