1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so sorry that the backlash has been so bad....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by QueerTransEnby, Jun 5, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my year since coming out, I have learned so much about the trans.* community. I talk with so many of you all at the LGBT center about the pain growing up, issues with the bathroom policies, and dysphoria. Then now, you all have to deal with these ignoramuses who are suddenly experts following Caitlyn's coming out. I just wanted to let you know that I care and think about you often. These horrible articles that I read just make my heart break for you all. The fact that you all put up with this crap all the time from the general public and now it is probably worse reading the obnoxious crap out there. :tears:

I just wanted to say that I love you all think about you all often even though I don't know you. Stay strong. I am fighting for you on FB and trying to get people to open their hearts and minds. (*hug*)

2. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) I'm not trans but I endear your heart. <3 Thank you for what you do for the community. :slight_smile:

3. I'm_Danni_x

Aw, you seem like an awesome person <3 There needs to be more people like you.

4. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Biguy, you are simply amazing <3 holy crap i needed to read something like what you just posted. Ive been holding in all my frustrations with all the negative things people say. Thank you so much (': Stay awesome biguy n_n <3

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'm at the point where I don't even partake in discussions like that or make myself vulnerable often enough to risk being harassed or laughed at that often.
    It really is so sweet of you to show your support for us! It's a twisted, twisted world, and a helping hand can go a long way.
    Thanks! (*hug*) <3

6. AlexTheGrey

I actually kinda needed something like this. After finishing Whipping Girl, and seeing the other forms of transphobia and trans misogyny happening right now, in my own backyard (liberal Seattle), it was enough to make me feel very depressed. I haven't even really gone down the path yet, but it is enough to make me wish there was a sort of "blue pill" to make me forget being transgender.

It is a welcome reminder that the world is not complete shit to us.

7. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, usually we don't talk about it in Quebec, but with Caitlyn, we ended up opening the subject a bit. I saw many ignorant 50 years old who kept saying that the government shouldn't pay for our surgeries (here, they do, and it's perfect this way) or that ''a man is a man'' and ''a woman is a woman''. Obviously, they never met any trans person in their life to say stuff like this.

I'm still happy that my place is trying to help trans people despite the population being an ass. Like, we'll be able to change our gender marker without surgery this summer! Yeah :grin:

8. Just Jess