1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identification, is it important?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DrowRanger, Jun 6, 2015.

1. DrowRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let me tell you something about how I view myself. When I was a kid, I was always identified as "tomboy", just because I was not that fond of glittery things or that I seldom wear skirt (but I do, on some occasions). I had crushes with girls and boys. I let myself think that crushes on girls are natural. But there was something to it that I cannot understand. Then came high school. There was this girl who seemed a bit awkward when I was around. She later then told me that she liked me. I told her that eventually, I will wear off, but it didn't. We were still schoolmates when we studied in college. We became classmates. And then, on that summer, we became closer, and then eventually we started going out.

I couldn't identify myself. If you are asking about my gender, I'll definitely tell you that I am a girl. But if identifying your gender is base on the gender of the person you are attracted to, I can say that I am bi. Or maybe I am pan. At this point, it doesn't matter to me what classification I fall into. I just want to live and love and be happy.

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Figuring out the perfect label matters to some people and doesn't matter to others, so whether it's important or not depends on the individual. For me, it's important. I like to know who I am and what I am. I like to have words to describe it. For you, it's clearly not important. That's great. Live, love, and be happy. I intend to do the same :slight_smile: