1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding my gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonymoususer00, Jun 6, 2015.

1. anonymoususer00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Recently I've been questioning my gender identity. I was born male, and there are days where I do feel pretty masculine. But there are other days where being male feels weird. I've been looking at gender traits, and I seem to have many male and female traits. I'm quite independent, but I'm extremely emotional and also very caring. I have a huge conscience, but a pretty big ego too. I seem to have an even number of male and female traits, but there are some days where I feel like more of one and less of the other.

I also started thinking about my younger days; I loved playing with toy guns, but I also loved playing with barbies. Some of my friends say I'm very camp and feminine, but others say I'm not. I have a fairly unisex wardrobe too. I don't like skirts, but don't like baggy pants or shorts either. I wear skinny jeans. I love pink, and I have quite a bit of pink clothing. Black however is my primary choice of clothing (as I mostly wear band shirts). I do wear makeup and own quite a bit of it. I also have a couple of shirts that are women's, but like I said my wardrobe is mostly unisex. I'm very frustrated and could use some help finding my gender identity.

Thanks ☺️☺️☺️

#1 anonymoususer00, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. BobbyFabulous

Hi, I understand where you are coming from. I am genetically male and present as male most of the time even when I feel female. I have always had this odd battle between the times I identify as male and the times I identify as female.

It's taken me till this week to finally attach a gender label to myself, in this case gender fluid. Gender identity is deeply personal and I don't think anyone has the right to place a label on you that you are not comfortable or ready for. On that same vein though I talked to two of my best friends one on one about how I feel and they both pointed me in this direction but ultimately, after researching the terms and how they match up with who I am I took that identity for myself.

That being said if there is anything I can do to help or just be someone who can listen I'm here.

3. anonymoususer00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks, that's helpful :3