1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubles...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ForeverLost, Jun 7, 2015.

1. ForeverLost

I came out to my mom.

Actually, my mom shoved me out of the closet. Let me explain.

My mom has always been VERY religious and I have not. One say I was doing homework and I had a notebook with journal prompts and my coming out letter. She says that 'the angels' or whatever told her to pick it up and read it, thus shoving me out of the closet. She told me that she still loved me and whatnot and that my dad (a LGBTphobe) would love me no matter what I say.

Then the next day, she tells me that I'm not transgender.
    She says 'the angels' said so. That she thinks I'm not and she proceeded to ask me why I thought I was a boy and not a girl. She just doesnt get it! She LIED to me.

So now she keeps calling me my birth name extra loud so you can clearly hear all the syllables and she keeps saying "i love you, baby girl" and I want to punch her in the face. She thinks I'm doing this for attention and she says "Why would you want to put this... LABEL on yourself?"

Things are getting just too much now. I even packed an escape bag so if I can't handle being around her anymore, I run to my best friend's house not even 2 minutes away.

HELP!! I can't TALK to her anymore because it makes me feel bad. She doesnt listen and she always thinks she's right.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
    :help::help::tears::tears::tears::tears::***:

2. bi2me

I'm sorry she is being so difficult. If you do need to get away, try to plan it out as a sleepover so your parents don't end up calling the police. My best friend in high school ran away a few times, and it was never fun trying to find her at 3 am. Good luck!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember that it's taken you time to understand and come to terms with who you are. It's all new to your mother. Any time anyone processes a loss -- in this case, loss of perception of you as a girl -- there are stages we go through: denial-anger-bargaining-grief-acceptance. Your mother sounds like she's between denial and anger.

There's not much you can do except stay true to your heart, take deep breaths, and work on loving and accepting yourself. You could try getting your mom to a PFLAG meeting... which would be awesome if she'd go... but she may not be ready yet.