1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Know Who I Am

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wildheart, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Wildheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, so...I'm not really sure how to start this. I'm not very used to using forums like this, but I need help. I am between the ages of 15-19, and since I was about 10 I have accepted the fact that I was attracted to both guys and girls, so I labeled myself as bisexual at around 13. But for the past year something inside me doesn't fit. I find myself attracted to boys, but not as me, I feel like I look all wrong. And not just any guys, it seems to be only gay guys. Lately I just find myself so attracted to them, as another gay guy and not the bisexual girl I've labeled myself as. I just don't know what that makes me? And I'm pretty certain with myself that it is most definitely not a phase. Does this mean I'm trans? Or gender fluid? I don't really know the definitions of each.
    I'm just so afraid of letting my parents down as well. I don't think my mom would take to well to the me I want to be.
    So I'm not sure what I'm asking...I just need help or advice about this. Has anyone else felt this way?

2. Natasha Elyssa

I understand where you're coming from. I felt bi around that age too. It's really something you should research quite heavily before you draw any conclusions though. You can find plenty of stuff on the internet. It's all a question of how you feel and stuff. With me, I look in the mirror and see something's wrong. When I dream, I dream myself female. I was like Mulan. Stuff like that. But don't use any individual person's experience to judge yours, as everyone is different. It's something you seriously have to put a lot of thought, soul-searching, etc. into. I took my whole freshman, and half my sophomore year to determine who I am. You could be trans, you could be a tomboy. It's hard to tell. But educate yourself, search yourself inside and out before you draw any conclusions. :slight_smile: <3