1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this safe?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PhoenixOfAshes, Jun 9, 2015.

1. PhoenixOfAshes

I hear so many people talking about damaging their body due to alternative binding methods, so I haven't used any of those because I don't want to hurt myself. I'm really looking for something to bind with, because although I'm in no way a skinny kid, I have a very shaped body (narrow waist, large hips, large chest) so it's very hard to hide the feminine body shape that I have and since it's (being my chest) so unfortunately prominent and obvious against my waist dipping in so drastically that it's so hard to find something proper to bind with. Anyways I was wondering if wearing two sports bras was safe enough to bind with?

Conditions:
    • Two sports bras, one on top of the other.
    • Worn for max 7 hours.
    • Worn under loose clothing so there's no extra restraint.

Is this safe? I find it really flattens me out a lot more than I expected. I can't afford an actual binder, but I'm not willing to risk my health so if it's not safe, I wont do it. But if it is safe enough, then I may have just found my temporary binding method. :help:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say to listen to your body. If it hurts, then take it off. It also depends on how tight the sports bras are. I would try to save up for a binder though, since that will be more comfortable for you.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I used to do basically exactly that all the time, I never had a problem. If it starts to hurt though, I'd take it off.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like a very safe way to do it until you can get an actual binder. Just make sure the sports bras aren't too terribly tight, and like the others said, if it hurts take it off.