1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender and assumption with society?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Jun 9, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been mistaken as a man many times from younger children the first time it happened I was inside my best friends grandmothers house with a bunch of people and it felt unconfutable and I was a little disturbed with being called a guy. I understood the child was only young so I allowed it to pass and everyone laughed it of.
    Later a few other children has also pointed me out saying "Guy" or "Boy" or "He" and the awkwardness began to fade around that same time of it fading I started questioning my gender identity (more often, I already questioned it long before but I was becoming more often questioned within myself) And the ages who assumed was always very young around 3-6 So I shrugged it of and continued on with my life, then one day walking up the road again with my best friend this kid asked my best friend if we where bother and sister this child must have been around (11- 12) and my friend corrected them and said "No we aren't she's a girl" And we continued walking. instead I turned around looked my best friend and found myself saying something I never believed I would say. "You don't have to correct them, I don't care if they consider me a guy or girl anymore" My best friend being well just that my best friend looked at me chuckled and said "Yea I know but its funny"
    :lol: I love my best friend she's grate however it makes me question.
    Should we teacher children in society to judge someone's appearance? what if a person wasn't me and someone actually felt scared about this and didn't come to eventually be alright with this happening over and over again by different people adults or children.
    Because to a point i'm now getting scared actually, I don't mind being called he or she anymore but my problem is what if I get insulted? or worse?
    its creating this fear because of peoples judgment. Even adults have told me when the issue came up "Well, you do look like a guy its your (and before they can say it I said yes I know my appearance my hair style) I found myself ranting like I am now with the why do people assume? it was more ranting for others not for me.

#1 MidnightStar, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015