1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Physical Changes on T

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jaymo, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Jaymo

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I've been lurking a bit but now here I am. So, there's a whole lot of backstory that I'm not going to get into right now about dealing with my gender identity (or rather, choosing to completely not deal with it). But lately I've been allowing myself to think about it a bit. And I've been contemplating the idea of T. I have a lot of concerns and I'm still in the beginning stages of research but I wanted to get some input.

My biggest concern with going on T is the changes that aren't physical. All of the reasons I want it are the physical effects but I'm curious what others have experienced mentally and emotionally. Honestly, my biggest concerns stem from watching Chaz Bono's documentary and seeing how aggressive he got. I had a lot of anger problems as a kid and I'm scared of them resurfacing after years of learning how to deal with them.

Anybody have any experience or research they want to share?

2. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is something that's going to differ from person to person. Personally, I haven't noticed any mental changes. Maybe it's harder to cry? I wasn't good at it before either, though. No increase in anger at all. I think the only mental changes for myself are the good ones like feeling more comfortable in my body.
    If it's something that concerns you, maybe starting at a low dose and working your way up slowly would help so you can monitor mood changes better.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people have a harder time keeping their cool and others are less prone to aggression and are laid back. It's different for everyone. I know it's easier for me to get stressed out and depressed, but not angry.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is one of those things that vary from person to person. I was angry as a kid, but being on T has not brought that back out. It has helped me be more calm because I am more comfortable woth my body.

5. Natasha Elyssa

To be honest, being trans has made me feel better. When I'm expressing myself, I feel like I'm hugging a giant teddy bear. It's when I have to put on my male act for my family and friends that I have trouble. But like everyone else said, it different for each person. Unfortunately you have to find that out for yourself. :slight_smile: <3