1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been identifying as female for a while....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Abdadhie, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Abdadhie

I'm bi-gender and I usually identify as a different gender on different days. I've never really identified as one gender for more then 3 days in a row but for the last 1 month I've been identifying as female (I'm biologically male). What could this mean? Is it possible that I'm trans or is this normal for bi-gender people?

Thanks in advance!!

2. randomconnorcon

Gender identity is different for everyone. For me as genderfluid, I feel male more than any other (I'm assigned female at birth), so much so that sometimes I say trans because genderfluid is under the umbrella term transgender (as is bigender). But I still keep the term genderfluid as well because my gender does change to agender and occasionally androgynous, even if it's not often.

So my advice is to take each day at a time, if your gender changes again you'll maybe know more. But calling yourself transgender isn't wrong either way, you can use the term instead or as well as bigender. Or there's non-binary.

Hope this helps.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All you can really do is wait it out and see what happens. It's certainly not unheard of for someone who's genderfluid/bigender to go through longer periods of being one gender than they are used to but still be genderfluid/bigender. But it's also not unheard of for genderfluid/bigender people to find out that they are actually binary trans. The only way to know for sure whether you're bigender or trans female is to wait and see whether your gender changes again.