1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Long Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ICTOAUN, Jun 10, 2015.

1. ICTOAUN

Hello All,

I've been identifying as a FtM transgender person since November when I took a Women & Gender Studies class at my university. I've also been going through waves of depression for years. I know that as I get farther into my transition, I will gain more confidence and energy. In this moment, life seems really difficult. It is hard for me to feel hope. My grades have skyrocketed downwards, I have distanced myself from all of my friends, and I am lonelier than ever. I do believe that things will get better for me and that I just have to keep holding on, but it would be so encouraging to have someone give me any advice, kind words, or to share some kind of similar experience with me. Please guys. Empty Closets has saved my life in the past. I need you again.

(&&&)

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm finding that one of the harder parts of transition is that most of the actions that we need to take to transition are often hindered by the problems that we are trying to treat in the first place by transitioning. For example, I'm highly dependant on others because of the disconnect that I have between my mind and body. Transition is supposed to solve this issue but my dependence on my family is holding me back from moving forward at the moment. All I can really do is take small actions and be patient as the actions reduce the dysphoria slowly but over time, enough for me to start taking larger steps.

I'm glad that you understand that this is a temporary situation you find yourself in. Part of this journey is to be patient and never give up even when everything seems hopeless. You are not alone and if you want to chat I'm here.

Much hugs,

(*hug*)

Yael