1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AJ2014, Jun 10, 2015.

1. AJ2014

Hi guys

Im not sure whether im trans genderqueer or what but i wanna cut my hair short to experiment but i dont know how to tell my mum, it should be simple but every time i go to tell her i just cant and dont know why any advice on how to do it

2. suninthesky

You could say, mum, it's summer and it's so hot out. I've thought about it for a while and I want to get a short haircut. It doesn't have to be about being trans, just getting a haircut you like.

3. AJ2014

Thats what i want to say but i dont know why i cant just tell her like that it get arkward for me and i just dont end up asking her

4. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Depends on your age. At 17, unless you dont have a ride, you can just walk in anywhere. Or, for the price of one barber visit, you can buy your own clippers and do it yourself. I envy you, though. I was balking for 7 years at your age. I dont have any options but to cut it short. Nice feeling the breeze though. And You save money on product. With hair, its almost better to ask for forgiveness than permission. It WILL grow back.

Well, theoretically anyway.

5. suninthesky

Well said. You can watch a you tube video tutorial. I cut my own, it's not really too hard.

6. Cynder

You could ask in steps. One day just ask if you can get a haircut soon, or you think its time for a haircut. Maybe ask if you can go on the weekend or something. Another day before the haircut, tell her that you are thinking you want it pretty short. Next time maybe show her some pictures of people with the short haircut you want (I would recommend showing her girls to not out yourself and to avoid push back because you will look "too much like a boy" and all that crap)

7. UmberFox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm surprised no one's brought up the Pixie cut. It's short, sweet and can easily be altered to be boyish instead of being feminine. You could have your short hair and your mom/parents probably wouldn't be too upset with it. Women today get their hair cut short all the time and some guys grow their hair out all the time.

8. AJ2014

Cheers everyone thats helped loads